- For some, there may be a need for help with dealing with life stress, trauma, anxiety, or addictions.
- For others, life may be going well but there may be a feeling that things could be better.
Through a process of exploration, we will learn more about the sources of your difficulties, and gain a greater understanding of the ways in which certain thoughts, feelings, or behaviors may be limiting your joy or satisfaction in life. Together, we will work to identify your treatment needs and goals, with steps and solutions that work for you. Therapy can be time-limited or open-ended depending on your needs.
- Increased self-awareness
- Relief from emotional distress
- Learn new ways of coping with life stress
- Increased satisfaction with relationships, school, or work
- Yet, many couples find themselves locked in negative interactional cycles that they can’t seem to escape from, that lead to more hurt, rejection, and frustration.
- One way to understand more about why these patterns occur is to identify the emotions, needs, and fears that underlie these interactions and learn new ways of communicating with and relating to each other.
My goal is to work collaboratively with couples to increase the level of satisfaction in their relationships. Couples therapy is often time-limited with significant benefits achieved between 8 to 24 sessions.
- Reduce conflicts and arguments
- Learn more about each other’s needs and fears
- Improve the way you communicate with and respond to each other
- Increase the emotional connection, trust, and intimacy in your relationship
My Style and Approach
My style is warm, engaging and collaborative. I take an integrative approach to the therapeutic process, drawing from psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, and mindfulness perspectives. Click here to learn more about my treatment approaches and areas of specialization.
Call or email to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Lesia Ruglass, Ph.D.
920 Broadway, 8th Floor
(Between 20th and 21st Street)
Union Square | Flatiron District
New York, NY 10010